Online W2 Form

W2 Form
Fix the Wrong Information

So it is tax time and you look at your W2 form and see that some of the information is not correct!

Oh! Aghast! What to do?

The way to deal with this problem is to look at the form and check to see what exact information they have put on the form that is incorrect.

Here is a group of things to do.

If your name, address or Social Security Number is incorrect, then you have to correct Copies B, C, and 2.

You then should talk to your boss or the company manager and ask them to put the proper information into your employment record.

Your company is expected to file Form W-2c.

This is to let the Social Security Administration know that they have the wrong information on you.

Your company will give the Social Security a "Corrected Wage and Tax Statement".

This should correct any problem with the amount of money, your name, your social security number, and your address that were in error on the previously given W2.

For those who find that their social security card has wrong information on it get a new one by calling at the local office or calling.

Social Security number 1-800-772-1213.

The IRS number is 800-829-1040